Discussion 2: Healthcare Reform
Note: Before completing this Discussion, please familiarize yourself with the Week 7 Discussion 2 Rubric located in the Course Information area of the course navigation menu.
Federal, state, and local health care policies are continually instituted or amended to address emerging issues and trends and to rectify problems in health care delivery. For instance, reform may be required to address cost containment challenges or disparities in access to health care services.
Identify an issue currently in the news that relates to federal, state, or local reform.
Research the issue in a variety of news sources, such as government sites (e.g., the National Institutes of Health and the National Institute of Mental Health) and online newspapers. Do not use blogs or other informal sources.
Select one article or news item on which to focus for this Discussion.
Reflect on the information in the article/news item and consider how it relates to your understanding of the U.S. health care delivery system. Review the information in the Learning Resources and conduct additional research using the Walden Library and credible websites to assess this issue and associated reform efforts.
Analyze the social, economic, and political circumstances surrounding this instance of health care reform, and evaluate what this development might mean for your work in health care administration.
Post by Day 4 a cohesive response to the following:
· Summarize the article/news item you selected, noting key areas for discussion.
· Analyze how the issue and associated reform addressed in the article/news item you selected relates to at least one trend presented in the Learning Resources and/or other credible sources.
· Evaluate what this development may mean for your work in health care administration.
General Guidance on Discussion Posts: Your original post, due by Day 4, will typically be 3–4 paragraphs in length (not including references) as a general expectation/estimate. Refer to the Week 7 Discussion 2 Rubric for grading elements and criteria. Your Instructor will use the rubric to assess your work.
· Shi, L., & Singh, D. (2015). Delivering health care in America: A systems approach (6th ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett.
o Review Chapter 13, “Health Policy” (pp. 510–531)
o Review Chapter 14, “The Future of Health Services Delivery” (pp. 538–564)
· Buescher, B., & Viguerie, P. (2014). How US healthcare companies can thrive amid disruption. Retrieved from http://www.mckinsey.com/insights/health_systems_and_services/how_us_healthcare_companies_can_thrive_amid_disruption
Use the following resources to examine health care issues/trends for the Discussions this week:
· American College of Healthcare Executives. (n.d.). Retrieved March 27, 2015, from http://www.ache.org
· American Hospital Association. (n.d.). Retrieved March 27, 2015, from http://www.aha.org
· California Healthcare Foundation. (n.d.). Retrieved March 27, 2015, from http://www.chcf.org
· The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation. (n.d.). Retrieved March 27, 2015, from http://www.kff.org
· Medical Group Management Association. (n.d.). Retrieved March 27, 2015, from http://www.mgma.com
· National Institutes of Health. (n.d.). Health information. Retrieved March 27, 2015, from http://health.nih.gov/
· National Institute of Mental Health. (n.d.). Retrieved March 27, 2015, from http://www.nimh.nih.gov/index.shtml
The post Discussion 2: Healthcare Reform appeared first on homeworkhandlers.com.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Discussion 2: Healthcare Reform appeared first on Homework Handlers.
Discussion 2: Healthcare Reform was first posted on September 13, 2019 at 10:26 am.
©2019 “Nursing Paper Tutors”. Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com
Get help with your classes. We provide step-by-step answers to all writing assignments including: essay (any type), research paper, argumentative essay, book/movie review, case study, coursework, presentation, term paper, research proposal, speech, capstone project, annotated bibliography, among others. We are a dedicated essay writing service that can help you put together a top-quality essay.
Professional university paper writers. We Will Help You Write Your Essays
From initial topic to finished paper. We guarantee that your custom essay will not only be delivered on time but will also be of the highest quality.
Get Unstuck! Order Original Answers for all your Assignments
Get Help With Essay Writing
- Any citation style
- Any topic
- 100% Original essays
- Free revision