Deliverable Length: 4-5 pages
View objectives for this assignment
Online Deliverables: Submissions
Looking for tutoring? Go to Smarthinking
Collapse All | Expand All
Consider the following scenario:
PPQ Parts has determined that for the company to expand globally over the next several years, its managers must be properly trained in multiculturalism and diversity management. PPQ Parts executives must be aware of any political and economic concerns that may arise during the expansion.
You have held conversations with Precision Part’s leaders and obtained the following information, which you want to use in the development of a 4-year strategic management plan.
· PPQ Parts employees now number 5,000, and all are currently employed in the United States. It plans to grow to 10,000 employees in 4 years.
· New facilities will be needed in international expansion, and PPQ Parts anticipates building most of those (80%) outside the United States. PPQ Parts holds 5% of the world market share on small SUVs, but its goal is 9% in 4 years.
· Current stock price is $10 per share. The goal is $22 a share. Profit margin 3-year average is 6%. Industry average during this time has also been 6%. The company goal is 13% in 4 years.
· PPQ Parts has averaged 28% employee turnover during the last 3 years. This is compared to an industry average of 25%. The goal of the company is to increase employee retention by lowering annual turnover to 17%.
· PPQ Parts contributes to all the local communities in which it is doing business. This is one of its corporate values. Current charity is 0.5% of total profits, but the company would like to raise that to 5% in 4 years.
A strategic management plan is vital for the company business today.
Review the company scenario at the beginning of the course for additional information regarding growth goals.
Create a basic strategic management plan for PPQ Parts including quantifiable goals and measures. Include the following in your report:
· Provide environmental scanning of current conditions in the area of expansion including economy, competition, political stability, and so forth.
· Address internal resource analysis such as managerial and financial strengths and weaknesses.
· Please include short-term and long-term strategic goals.
· Location consideration for implementation is vital. Please explain the benefits and limitations for expansion in your chosen area.
Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.
Individual Project Rubric
|Deliverable requirements addressed; understanding of material and writer’s message and intent are clear.||35%|
|Scholarly research which supports writer’s position properly acknowledged and cited direct quotations may not exceed 10% of the word count of the body of the assignment deliverable (excluded title page, abstract or table of contents if used, tables, exhibits, appendices, and reference page(s). Inclusion of plagiarized content will not be tolerated and may result in adverse academic consequences.||20%|
|Critical thinking: Position is well-justified; logical flow; examples provided where appropriate.||20%|
|Structure: Includes introduction and conclusion; proper paragraph format; reads as a polished academic paper or professional presentation, as appropriate for the required assignment deliverable.||10%|
|Mechanical: No spelling, grammatical, or punctuation errors.||10%|
|APA: Deliverable is cited properly according to the APA Publication Manual (6th ed.).||5%|
Please submit your assignment.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
· Title page: Remember the running head and title in all capital letters.
· Abstract: This is a summary of your paper, not an introduction. Begin writing in third-person voice.
· Body: The body of your paper begins on the page following the title page and abstract page, and it must be double-spaced between paragraphs. The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics except as required for APA level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 3–4 pages. In-text academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
· Reference page: References that align with your in-text academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hang indention, italics, and upper- and lower-case usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the reference page is not a bibliography, but it is a further listing of the abbreviated in-text citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-text citation.
Get help with your classes. We provide step-by-step answers to all writing assignments including: essay (any type), research paper, argumentative essay, book/movie review, case study, coursework, presentation, term paper, research proposal, speech, capstone project, annotated bibliography, among others. We are a dedicated essay writing service that can help you put together a top-quality essay.
Professional university paper writers. We Will Help You Write Your Essays From initial topic to finished paper. We guarantee that your custom essay will not only be delivered on time but will also be of the highest quality.
Get Unstuck! Order Original Answers for all your Assignments
Get Help With Essay Writing
- Any citation style
- Any topic
- 100% Original essays
- Free revision