Sanjita is a 26 year old woman with end stage metastatic ovarian cancer. She has a husband and one child.
Sanjita is a 26 year old woman with end stage metastatic ovarian cancer. She has a husband and one child. Sanjita has undergone extensive, aggressive treatment but is now palliative. She has an Advance Care Directive and a Plan of Care which states that cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) is not to be attempted in the event of a cardiac arrest.
Sanjita has opted to die at home with her family but is in your ward today to have her ascites drained. You are a first year student nurse and caring for Sanjita with your preceptor. You and your preceptor have been to morning tea, however, you return a little early before your preceptor. You hear three buzzers coming from Sanjita’s room and on investigation find an agency nurse resuscitating Sanjita.
In essay format use this case study as a basis to discuss:
Death, dying and the historical role of the nurse
The importance of professionalism, collaboration, cooperation and therapeutic communication
The key underlying ethical, legal and professional principles inherent in this scenario
Your role and scope as a student nurse as underpinned by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia codes and guidelines.
Length: 2000 words
• Write in the third person; avoid personal pronouns such as ‘I’ and ‘you’.
• Avoid long, confusing sentences and check that your tenses (past, present and future) are consistent within the same sentence.
• Avoid posing questions; work the information into the paragraph.
• Use plain English. It is essential your meaning is clear and that you demonstrate your understanding of the nature of the topic.
• Write your essay to the marking rubric, as this is where lecturers mark from.
As you construct your essay you need to:
• Use correct punctuation, spelling and syntax (sentence structure)
• Paraphrase ideas from your reading/research, don’t just copy them
• Avoid use of direct quotations.
• Ensure you use APA 6th referencing style.
• As good practice, whenever you include (cite) an author in your writing, ensure you include the full reference to the text referred to, at the end of your writing task.
The APA 6th referencing system
• Peer reviewed journal articles are your best sources. Avoid non-refereed sources such as editorials, monthly columns or non-refereed journals.
• It is useful to include your set text as a reference but otherwise keep the number of books to a minimum.
• Your reference list should contain a minimum of 4 quality references that are no older than 5-8 years. This does not include Wikipedia or dictionaries.
• Information gained from Internet sites varies greatly in depth and quality of content.
• Internet sites must be relevant and reputable, for example, the NWBA website.
• Use Times New Roman, Tahoma or Arial, 12 point font. Do not use bold type.
• Use 1.5 or double spacing;
• Do not use headings;
• Include page numbers; provide your name in the footer of the document, e.g. smith_jane-s0077363_Assign2_NUR120
• Include the correct cover sheet at the front of your final submission
Ensure you submit this assignment through SafeAssign. The ‘Draft checking’ (see green menu) facility is available to you as a check regarding the quality of your paraphrasing.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH CAMPUS NURSING PAPERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
The post Sanjita is a 26 year old woman with end stage metastatic ovarian cancer. She has a husband and one child. appeared first on Campus Nursing Papers.
Get help with your classes. We provide step-by-step answers to all writing assignments including: essay (any type), research paper, argumentative essay, book/movie review, case study, coursework, presentation, term paper, research proposal, speech, capstone project, annotated bibliography, among others. We are a dedicated essay writing service that can help you put together a top-quality essay.
Professional university paper writers. We Will Help You Write Your Essays
From initial topic to finished paper. We guarantee that your custom essay will not only be delivered on time but will also be of the highest quality.
Get Unstuck! Order Original Answers for all your Assignments
Get Help With Essay Writing
- Any citation style
- Any topic
- 100% Original essays
- Free revision