What is the main reason that relative value units (RVUs) often are used in health care?
Week 4 DQ 1
List the major nonhospital and nonphysician sectors of the healthcare industry
Week 4 DQ 2
Describe the two major theories used for the detection of out-of-control costs.
Week 4 Midterm Exam
1. Question: (TCO 4) Which of the following is part of a statistics budget?
2. Question: (TCO 4) The following is an example of a _____________ budget: “The budget for the radiology department is different at 90 percent occupancy than at 80
3. Question: (TCO 4) Effectiveness is a relationship between:
4. Question: (TCO 3) What is the main reason that relative value units (RVUs) often are used in health care?
5. Question: (TCO 3) Your controller has told you that the marginal profit of DRG 209 (major joint procedure) for a Medicare patient exceeds the marginal profit for an
average charge patient. Why might this occur?
6. Question: (TCO 2) The heading of every financial statement should contain the:
7. Question: (TCO 2) Which of the following is the BEST example of a financial metric?
1. Question: (TCO 4) Formulate your answer based on the below information. Costs per case increased to $4,900 from a budgeted value of $4,750. This increased
actual total costs by what amount?………….You have been asked by management to explain the variances in costs under your inpatient capitated contract. The following
data is provided. Use the following data to calculate the variances. Budget Actual
2. Question: (TCO 4)Based on the information below, assume that the only change in the original example data is that Blue Cross raises their discount to 20 percent.
What price should be set? You have been asked to establish a pricing structure for radiology on a per-procedure basis. Present budgetary data is presented below:
……………It is estimated that Medicare patients comprise 40 percent of total radiology volume and will pay on average $38.00 per procedure. Approximately 10 percent
of the patients are cost payers. The remaining charge payers are summarized below:
3. Question: (TCO 4) What is the amount of variance that can be attributed to the difference between budgeted and actual volume? Use the following data to calculate
the variances. The following information has been prepared for a home health agency.
4. Question: (TCO 2) Explain the difference between the accrual basis of accounting and the cash basis of accounting?
5. Question: (TCO 2) What is an audit (in the context of financial accounting)?
6. Question: (TCO 1) What are social responsibility and ethics as they relate to business-oriented organizations? How should social responsibility and ethics affect the
decisions of even for-profit companies?
7. Question: (TCO 2) Define and describe the purpose of fund accounting (now called net assets).
WE WRITE ESSAYS FOR STUDENTS
Tell us about your assignment and we will find the best writer for your paper.Write My Essay For Me
Place your order now for a similar paper and have exceptional work written by our team of experts to guarantee you A Results
The post What is the main reason that relative value units (RVUs) often are used in health care? appeared first on Custom Nursing Term Papers.
Get help with your classes. We provide step-by-step answers to all writing assignments including: essay (any type), research paper, argumentative essay, book/movie review, case study, coursework, presentation, term paper, research proposal, speech, capstone project, annotated bibliography, among others. We are a dedicated essay writing service that can help you put together a top-quality essay.
Professional university paper writers. We Will Help You Write Your Essays
From initial topic to finished paper. We guarantee that your custom essay will not only be delivered on time but will also be of the highest quality.
Get Unstuck! Order Original Answers for all your Assignments
Get Help With Essay Writing
- Any citation style
- Any topic
- 100% Original essays
- Free revision